Thanksgiving 2010

As I unwind and reflect back this Thanksgiving holiday week, there is a lot for me to be thankful about.  In the hustle and bustle of daily life, we just keep moving at super speeds and don't take the time to reflect on where we are in life and realize how blessed we are. Thanksgiving is a perfect holiday to do the very same and be thankful to all we have in life and also to think about those less fortunate than us and see how we can help. 

As far as I am concerned I am very thankful to have a great family, wonderful friends, great education, and a good career.  My parents always gave me what I need and they are the reason for where I am in my life now.  Mom and Dad always gave me the very best that I need and my sister and aunt showered tons of love that made me the person I am.  Sridevi is a very understanding and loving wife and our kids are so adorable.  I just can't thank enough to have such a lovely family. I am also fortunate for having a wonderful group of friends where ever I am and these are folks that I can reach out at any time for things that I need to discuss or bounce off an idea or just hang out with.  I was always enthusiastic about education and God gave me what I aspired for and that gave me a pretty solid career.  So, overall I am very grateful for all that I have in my life. 

I want to take this moment of reflection to commit myself more aggressively to the cause that my family is passionate about - providing means and education to less privileged kids.  While I have good intentions at heart about this cause, I feel I haven't done enough to really make a difference.  I hope to focus on it more going forward. 

I request the rest of my friends and readers of this post to also reflect on where they are and how they can help the less deserved in whatever way they feel is appropriate.  Remember this help doesn't need to be huge amounts of money or huge commitment of time.  A small donation of time or money, or just sitting with someone and counseling them, or sharing your knowledge are equally generous too. 

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Make an effort to make a difference!!!

P.S: I started this post last week in Memphis while I am at my friend's (Farooq's) place but didn't get a chance to post it until this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name and comments on this post. I appreciate your comments. Thanks!