"Get Organized" - Dr. Anil Makhija, Professor of Finance, Fisher College of Business, The Ohio State University.
As I reflect back on my learning's from Fisher MBA, one of the important learning's that made an impression on me is the opening address from Dr. Makhija. Dr. Makhija spoke to the class on our first on campus visit and he started saying, "I can talk a lot about many things but the only one thing that I want to ask you for now is to get organized". He said that is the most important thing because all the students are juggling multiple priorities around work, personal life, professional careers, and school and unless we get organized we just cannot be successful in our MBA pursuit. That one sentence left a lasting impression on me.
Reflecting back on that, I agree 100% with him. Unless we get organized, I don't think we can be successful in anything that we want to achieve. Taking Dr.Makija's advise, I did get my things in order and made a conscious attempt to get and stay organized. It helped me tremendously during my school days and I was able to plan out my schedule much better and was able to achieve what I wanted to. It also helped me feel like I am in total control as opposed to feeling tense over every little thing. It just makes you more productive and makes you feel more in control of your destiny. Simple things like making a to-do list and maintaining a personal calendar can be invaluable tools in helping us get organized.
It's also very important to stay organized once you get organized. It's very easy to get disorganized even before you realize. So developing some good habits, sticking to basics and not overdoing will help you stay organized. As for me, there are instances where I get out of shape and will take a few days to realize that and then I make a conscious effort to get back in the groove.
Thanks Dr.Makhija for the powerful one line message you delivered that made a huge impact in my life and I am sure that would have made an impact on many others as well!!!
Good One..but yet i would like to have some time where i can be spontaneous..:D
ReplyDelete